Monday, February 7, 2011

Turkey's are back



My much anticipated Turkeys are back at the bird feeders. They arrived 3 days ago. Most years they come here towards the end of January, to early February, unless there is little snow on the ground and lots of natural foods available. This year we have well over a foot of ice crusted snow blocking all food sources. I feel for all the wild animals trying to deal with finding enough food to keep themselves from starving. We are six weeks from Spring. My feeding could give some of these young birds a shot of living to see the earth bloom again. I will always feed the birds. I'd sooner get rid of my cell phone, cable TV and a few other luxuries then not have enough money to put out may daily bounty for my furred and feathered friends. They all help keep a smile on my face and the warmth in my heart when the winter begins to feel long.

No comments: