Saturday, February 15, 2014

And....

It is snowing AGAIN!  I know the secret to enjoying the Winter despite frigid temperatures and a few feet of snow on the ground.   You must find a outdoor sport that you love.  Snowshoeing is mine.  Today I took Monty and out we went.   There aren't many trails broken up in the park, so we went only as far as the trail went.  If the wind wasn't blowing so hard I would have walked longer. It was magical being up there all alone while it was snowing, although it was the last thing I wanted to do today, it was wonderful, I am never sorry for making the effort. Another item I find indispensable for a successful snowshoe is Mushers Secret for my dog.  It is a necessity to keep your pups paws from getting too dried out and cracking and causing him misery.  I  take a big lump of it and slather it on each paw very thickly.


I am loving being home alone.  It is so nice to just be able to do what ever I want, when ever I want to do it.  I've been cooking nice meals and enjoying each moment.  The Bird Count is still going on, today is day 2.  It is the perfect weekend for me to be constantly watching birds.  The Olympics in Sochi is also on TV and I've been watching Hockey non stop for two days. Team USA played Russia and won!  Super exciting game. I went to the Library and took out a book to read, The Big Year, and two Comedies to watch. Life is beyond good.











No comments: