Friday, June 6, 2014

How amazing has this week been for me?





What a hike today!  I can't believe how much fun I'm having this week!  It has been hands down my best Herp week ever!  Checked on the Red-shouldered nest.  I couldn't see the female, but that doesn't mean she's not on eggs.  I heard the male there a couple of days ago.  Also saw a young beaver at the pond!  I noticed sign at the end of the Winter but I wasn't sure if it had moved on already, it hasn't!  Watched it for 10 minutes eating and grooming. While on my way to walk a dog I had a doe and fawn cross in front of my car.  I was able to watch them for a few minutes. 

At the very last minute we decided that it was the perfect night to get out and do my NAAMP frog monitoring.  We left the house at 8:50pm.  It was under 60 degrees and few frogs calling.  One pond did have a lot of Bull and Green frogs.  It was a beautiful night, sky full of stars and a half moon shining brightly.  I hear Whip poor wills calling.  I haven't heard them in decades.  We arrived back home close to 11;30pm.  One more count and I'm done for the year.  

No comments: