Friday, March 20, 2015

Happy Spring!

Today is the first day of Spring.  Friday, March 20 brings with it a celestial showcase, a trio of events that includes a new moon, at 5:36 a.m., a total solar eclipse, at 5:46 a.m. and the vernal equinox, at 6:45 p.m., all Eastern time.  This trio of earthy events has not happened since the 1600s.  For me, today I become the parent of all adult children.  My *baby* is now 21.  He entered the world at 4:50pm.  It feels good to be mom to 4 grown sons who are all making their own way in this world, each so unique and different.  They are all wonderful people.  I am beyond grateful that the universe gifted them to me to raise.  Today marks a big transition for me.  This past week I went though all our family photos and realized that I've been a good mom.  I will no longer beat myself up for anything they choose in life.  I did my very best with the knowledge I had at the time.  Today marks my passage into a new life. 

Tomorrow brings us a sad event.  We will honor my Mother in law who passed away on the 14th.  She and I shared a lot of the same passions.  Animals and nature.  I will miss her beyond words and wish we had more time together.  I am going to read two poems that I feel she would have liked.


Remember Me In Your Heart - Unknown

To the living, I am gone,
To the sorrowful, I will never return,
To the angry, I was cheated,
But to the happy, I am at peace,
And to the faithful, I have never left.

I cannot speak, but I can listen.
I cannot be seen, but I can be heard.
 

So as you stand upon a shore, gazing at a Sparkling sea . . .

As you look in awe at a mighty forest in all it's spendor. . .

As you look upon a flower and admire its stunning simplicity . . . .

Remember ME.

Remember me in your heart:
Your thoughts, and your memories,
Of the times we loved,
The times we cried,
The times we laughed and

the times we danced,
 

For if you always think of me, I will never be gone from your life. 


Winged Jewel
With wings spun of silver and hearts of gold,
These tiny creatures our hearts behold.
With angelic features and colors so bright,
Make even the heaviest heart seem light.
The magical way they flit through the sky,
They appear, then vanish in the blink of an eye.
They're sending a message for us to retrieve,
Anything's possible for those who believe!


Hummingbirds were her favorite, so much so that her boys bought her a tattoo for her birthday one year.  I hope to give her loved ones a connection to nature to help heal their hearts.

My trip to FL with my oldest son is all but a blurr.  During the trip I was told my MIL was ailing, so kind of lost my heart for the trip and wanted to be home with my Bobby.  I did enjoy my  quality time with Jason.  Lots of kayaking, awesome trip to Corkscrew,  Jason let me take my time, and I think he also enjoyed seeing the birds and alligators. Also swam with the manatees, a bit anticlimactic compared to our previous swims many years ago. But always so exciting to be with a magnificent creature.  We had a wonderful time with family and friends.  So blessed to have so many loves in my life.  Came home and went straight to the hospital to help my husband passage into losing his 2nd parent.   And so.......life is for the living, and we must make the best of everyday.  I aim to do that.

Yesterday to heal my heavy heart , I went out to the black dirt region, birding.  I was incredibly rewarded and so happy I went.  Tens of thousands of black birds everywhere and over a thousand Snow Geese, lots of Blue Morphs and a Blue Morph Ross's Goose.  Happy dance....let the birding begin!  WOOP Spring is HERE! 



No comments: