Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Rain

I've always loved walking in the rain.  For one thing, you usually have the trails to yourself, few people are out and about while it's raining.  It is so peaceful and quiet, and the world smells like heaven. 

We are having a glorious Spring.  So many flowers came up in my gardens. All the trees are covered with blooms and the leaves are all popping.  I am blessed to be here and witness all this glory. I have 40-50 Goldfinches eating me out of house and home.  I still have not seen a Hummingbird and my Grosbeaks have not returned either.  I eagerly look forward to seeing all our returning birds.  There is noting like a gorgeous bird to make your heart sing. 

Something that is driving me crazy lately, is how many people take their healthy lives for granted.  So many want days to be over and to get to the weekend or the vacation or the next good thing on their list.  They complain about such silly things.  They don't realize how precious each day they are given is. There are no guarantees that you will wake up tomorrow.   I'm at a point in my life that each day is a precious gift.  Even each breathe I take is a miracle.   I can only live today as I don't know when I'm going to go down hill. I feel like crap 24/7 and yet I get up and LIVE for today.  I am still out there looking for birds and trying to see as much of natures beauty as I can.  I am able to spend quality time with friends and family.  I am able to eat and enjoy food, which is rare for long time chemo patients like myself.  I am fortunate to have lived and done what I've wanted for the last couple of decades, I didn't wait for retirement.  I have an amazingly supportive husband who has always let me be me. I've lived my bucket list.   I guess my strong connection to my own soul prepared me for what I'd be facing at this point in my life.   

No comments: