Saturday, November 13, 2010

Hawk Watch



Another Hawk Watch season has come and gone. It was an amazing year for all of us volunteers, several records were broken and we had ten weeks of good weather and lots of great company. My final day was cloudless and windless, not real conducive for seeing and counting migrating raptors. I did make the best of the quiet day and lack of company by spending it reflecting on how I spent the last year and what I want change in my life for the coming year. There was little distraction and I was able to go deep into thought, something that rarely happens in my busy life. Being out in Nature is a healing balm for my soul. It helps me to balance my life and get my priorities straight. I am proclaiming Monday 11/15 as my personal New Years. It is a month before my next Birthday and for me the end of the Fall with the Hawk Watch's final day. I'm turning over a new leaf before the holidays this year, out with the old ways and in with the new. The need to simplify my life and get my health and fitness back on track is making me short tempered and unhappy. I'm sick of feeling sick and tired, something has got to change, and that change has to come from me. I have no one to blame but myself. Time to get off the computer put down my wine glass, get my hands out of the junk food and GET OUT THERE AND LIVE! Time to eat better, MOVE, Learn new things, and enjoy the real world more. I've wasted too much time sitting on my fat rear in cyberspace. Happy New Year to me!

No comments: