Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Rainy Day




Having two very big, physical dogs that need exercise every day no matter what the weather is doing, does have it's pluses. It gets me up and outside every day with few exceptions. Today it was cold and rainy and I dreaded lacing up the hiking boots and going out into the cold. Was I sorry when it was all over and I was soaked to the bone, not a chance. I had a wonderful time as always. So much nature to explore and so little time in this life to do it, can't waste a minute. It was gorgeous out.

Bird of the week here at home, Fox Sparrow. Always a pleasure to see one of them.

We are down sizing our Xmas celebration. No more wasting money on gifts that our kids, friends and family...really won't use or want. Unless we know someone really wants/needs something specific, we will be giving gift certificates. I am making my own cards too. I'm already enjoying the holiday much more then ever before. I am also going to be celebrating the Solstice instead of true Christmas. It has more meaning for me.

No comments: