Monday, March 28, 2011

Freedom

Today I decided to stay off the internet until I was completely finished with all my chores and errands, including my hike with the dogs. Last night I came to the realization that I've wasted so much of the last few years on forums. Precious time that would have been better spent with my family, dogs and out in nature. Time that I could have volunteered at my local animal shelter. Last night I watched Oprah's Master Class show,it was about her. I find her life story fascinating. She said that when you find your true calling you need to do your very best, put everything you are into it. I haven't done that with anything since my kids were little. I was the best mom, I gave my boys my heart and soul. I lived and breathed for them. Once they were older and independent, I let them go. I've felt empty since, floating from forum to forum. I've spread myself too thin and do a half assed job with everything. I've given to much of my time to a forum for more then 3 years now that for the most part I no longer agree with how people are treated that post there. I feel very differently about my chosen breed now too. Dobes have far too many horrible diseases, Petey and Monty will be my last Dobermans. I will adopt from now on, and only mixed breeds. I can't support any more breeds that only get a short life span, it isn't fair to the dogs and it is awful for the owners. I'm feeling pretty good right now...like a weight is off my shoulders. No more days spent on forums. I'm going back to a real life. My all is going to be given to my Naturalist study. It's my calling, and I want to be able to share my knowledge with others. I need to give it 100% of my time and energy. Thankfully....dogs make good companions for that!

So with my real life...today I started out with TWO BALD EAGLES over my home...TWO! I was loading my boyz up for their first hike of the day...yes first, they got TWO today with my extra time because I didn't sit on the computer all day...back to my story, I heard a raptor screeching, I looked up and there were two large birds, one diving at the other, took me a minute to realize what I was looking at....first I thought Red Tail and an Osprey, but with in a second, I had the car door open and binocs in hand....because I could tell they were eagles! What an awesome way to start my day! When you LOVE nature...every moment of every day is so special, there is always something to see. I went up the the Park and walked the boys for about an hour. Still very cold, in the 30s and snow on the ground too. There was a thin film of ice on part of the pond too. There were 5 Hooded Mergs, 1 GB Heron and 2 Phoebes.

In my yard, Hairy, Downy, RB, 2 Fox, 3 Song, W.T., few Juncos, Cardinals,House finch and Sparrow, crows, Cardinals, Titmouse, Chickadees, WB Nuthatch, Starling, Grackle, RW BBs, Cowbirds, Blue Jays, Mourning Doves, Goldfinch, Robins.

Last night there were Woodcock displaying across the street. I just love this time of year!

No comments: