Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Winter Storm


This morning we awoke to snow. Truly gorgeous outside. We are expecting 4-7 inches, temperatures here are 34. Huge flocks of Blackbirds continue, I'm glad I can help fuel their migration. I was up at the Vernal Pools yesterday, no Wood frog chorus, and no eggs of any kind. I still have a shot at hitting a big day, it's been a couple of years, I am so hopeful that this year I can see some Spotted Salamanders.

Took the boys on a nice walk up at the Park. Lightly snowed the entire time. Place was empty, which is how I prefer it!

Under the feeders there are more then a dozen Cardinals, 2 Fox Sparrows, Lots of Juncos and W.T. Sparrows,Song, noticable absent most of this Winter were American Tree Sparrows, only a couple the entire Winter. Turkey's continued today.

No comments: