Monday, July 18, 2011

Acadia National Park




























Yesterday we returned from a glorious 9 day vacation in Maine. We were able to take the dogs and my mom and her hubby shared the cottage with my hubby and my son. The cottage was adorable and right on the ocean. The scent of salt and pine was intoxicating. Lots of hiking trails right off the road where we were staying. No need for me to get in a car to walk the dogs each day. Beautiful pine forests filled with little treasures of mosses, lichens and ferns. Lots of birds, ducks and raptors. Ocean life included gray and harbor seal, and harbor porpoise. This spot was by far my favorite cottage we have ever rented. I found the peace and quiet I was seeking. Some day I hope we can spend a Summer on the Maine coast, there is nothing more soul healing then the ocean.

I was able to spend every moment for 9 days with my two beautiful Dobeboys at my side. Petey ate his fill of lobster and totally enjoyed his vacation. The first night both dogs stayed with us in a hotel on the 6th floor, first experience on an elevator. They were both perfectly behaved, and I enjoyed my vacation immensely.

No comments: