Friday, August 26, 2011

Life continues.....









Words can not adequately express the profound sadness I'm experiencing losing a 3rd canine companion in less then 5 years. Petey was by far the most special of all, we spent hundreds of hours each year out in nature exploring. I do know the sadness will get less intense with each passing day and that I need to get back in the game. I have a 17 month old puppy who all of a sudden only has eyes for me. He is going to become my new side kick. He was always overshadowed by Petey who had a personality bigger then life.

Last weekend a fellow Rehabber needed a squirrel sitter for 4 babies, I was her women! I enjoyed it immensely. They are adorable and I love doing rehab work. I will get them back in another 2 weeks, while their caretaker goes out of town for the weekend. I'm really looking forward to seeing them again, all furry and running around. Later on in the week we also took in two grey squirrels and a chipmunk all victims of the hurricane.

I need to get my Bins on and get out there birding! I'm missing the other best time of the year for migrants. Hawk Watch starts September 1, and I'm signed up for my traditional Friday shift all the way until mid November. Looking forward to seeing all my hawk watch buddies.

No comments: