Thursday, May 31, 2012

Life experience

I finally know what's truly important in life.  I always thought that I knew, but honestly I had no idea.  On the very first day of our trip to Costa Rica...hubby found a lump under his arm, literally  in the first hours after arriving on our lifetime dream trip.  I asked him if we could put away the lump until we returned home, this was a trip of a lifetime and I didn't want to spoil a moment of it.  With in a week of arriving home, tests and biopsies were preformed.  He had a rare High Grade Sarcoma, very invasive and very serious. Only 1% of all cancers diagnosed each year.  Our world was turned upside down with in an instant.  Terrified would be a good word for what I felt for close to two weeks from the surgery to the final consult with the surgeon.  Today we learned that the tumor was only 3.5cm and contained! There is a chance that the oncologist will want him to have radiation, and that is fine by me and him.  We are hopeful that this tumor has been caught early and this is the end of our nightmare.  CT scans will follow every 6 months for many years to be sure it hasn't escaped to anywhere else in his body.  Green drinks will now become the beverage of choice...LOL. Me too. If my hubby can get cancer, simply the healthiest person I know....then any of us can!  CHERISH YOUR BODY, SHOW IT THE RESPECT IT DESERVES BY FEEDING IT HEALTHY FOODS AND EXERCISING EVERY DAY.  TELL YOUR LOVED ONES HOW MUCH YOU VALUE THEM EVERY DAY.  LIVE IS SHORT DON'T WASTE A MOMENT OF IT. 

No comments: