Friday, April 24, 2015

40 degrees

Today I had to put back on my long johns, winter coat and gloves.  On my first hike with a client it was 40 degrees with 20mph winds.  It was very cold.  I couldn't help but think about how much I dreaded getting out there today, but once I was there, I was so grateful to be able to be out in nature.  There are no bad days when you love nature.  So much to see everywhere you look.  Being in nature makes me feel truly alive and completely in the moment. I completely escape life and feel like a different person.  Somehow I have to find a way to get out there more.  I can't seem to pull myself away from spending far too much time on the internet doing useless crap.  I think it's time again to make a pledge with myself.  More time in nature or learning about nature and less time online, I need to set some personal limits. I want to be in good enough shape as I age to continue getting out there as often as I possibly can, that's not going to happen unless I start now. 

No comments: