Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Cascade Park


Took Petey to the Humane Society to feed the baby squirrels. They got 3 more in, poor little guys had their tails all intertwined, must have gotten something on them in the nest. They were able to separate them, but their tails are not able to move yet, hopefully with a bit of time they will regain some movement, enough so they can go free.

Petey and I went for a beautiful walk up at Cascade Lake Park, we had the entire place to ourselves. I've been feeling so down in the dumps and getting out on such an incredibly gorgeous evening made me think about how lucky I really am. In a couple of days I've known about Petey's DCM for 5 months. That is far longer then many people get to have their DCM diagnosed dogs still by their side healthy. I've been enjoying every moment with my beautiful boy. He is such a sweetheart, so much fun and such a great companion.

Notable birds tonight, Hummingbird at home, Phoebe building a nest over our front door on the frat sign. Carolina Wren babies in our shed almost ready to fledge. Yesterday a bluebird at our property. Today Redstarts and Water Thrush up at Cascade Lake.

No comments: