Sunday, May 16, 2010

Warbling




Petey and I went up to Cascade Lake Park today. It was a gorgeous morning. We had near perfect temperatures, crisp and clear out. The forest was full of bird song, the Spring migration in full swing. Warblers were everywhere along with orioles, Tanagers, Thrush, Grosbeaks, Buntings. Highlights include an awesome sighting of a Pileated Woodpecker soon as I arrived at the park. Scarlet Tanagers are truly our most stunning neotropical visitor. The trees are fully popped.

On the home front, lots of squirrels are still nursing, still haven't seen any of their babies. The ones I helped raise were let go yesterday. The Phoebes nest has three eggs in it, and it looks like she might be incubating them. I hope so. RB Grosbeaks continue at the feeder. RT Hummingbirds are hanging around. I put up a feeder for the Orioles but I can't seem to lure them into the yard.

No comments: