Saturday, July 10, 2010

HOT!



I can finally hear again after months of issues with my ears because of a severe cough. I am so happy that once again the sweet songs of birds fill my ears. I've been getting the boyz up to Cascade Lake most days, staying close to water at all times due to a oppressing abnormal heat wave. We get out early and have seen so many varieties of birds. Pilateds continue to be seen most days flying across the lake. Yesterday a Pair of Broad Wings where soaring above the park. It won't be long now for it to be time for the Hawk Watch. Lots of fledged little ones every where including adorable nuthatches.

We had another Black Bear in the yard a couple of days ago. Hubby was working on our new patio and didn't even notice him walking through the yard. I tapped on the window and pointed out back, the bear had already disappeared in the bushes, but could still be seen through the brush. Hubby thought I was showing him about the doe he had been watching only minutes before. Seems the two crossed paths in our front yard, much to the amazement of a women and her daughters who were delivering a baby squirrel to me at the same moment. They wanted to know if our yard was Wild Kingdom.

My feeders are inundated with Black Birds already. A family of Cardinals have been here for the last couple of days. RB Grosbeaks continue. The House Wrens are nesting again. Too funny how many nests the male builds. He has a nest in every birdhouse as well as the roosting box and the window box. Seems they have had two clutches already. Guess he is getting ready for a third. They are one hard working bird.

Our Tipi is painted and tomorrow is the big day....we are putting it up.

No comments: