Friday, July 16, 2010

A simple Walk



I spent most of this week feeling really down in the dumps for no particular reason. I couldn't for the life of me figure out why, sadness just followed me around all week. I think the answer just came to me....I was suffering from Nature Deficit Disorder! I'm just in from my first hike in a week. I feel fine again. Monty ended up sick so we didn't hike all week. I did take the boys up to the park to romp with some other dogs, but that doesn't fill up my soul like a nice quiet walk alone in the woods. How blessed am I? I figured out what brings my soul back into alignment...and it's free....no medication, no head doctor, no other coping disorders....just take a walk in nature!

Another female Wood turtle today! She was just out of the water. I've lost count how many I've seen this year.

No comments: