Monday, September 20, 2010

Garter Snake

I always miss them and feel like I didn't see them enough. They are such amazing little creatures.



Final Hummingbirds at the feeder were on September 13th.


I spent quite a bit time last week at the hawk watch. The Broad Wings began moving on Tuesday. Wednesday I skipped work and we had close to a thousand. That day we broke our Bald Eagle record, we had ten! I was there for nine of them. Thursday it was pretty good, but rain halted the count at 3pm. Friday was my scheduled day....I hit the jackpot! A total of 2299 birds! I had fantastic cloud cover, perfect winds and lots of great birders helping with the count. I ended up staying an extra hour and picking up another 340 birds. It was an awesome day. Love my hawk watching friends.

This was not the Summer of snake sightings for me, and it was bumming me out. Well that ended this morning when I almost stepped on the biggest Garter snake I've ever seen. He was was in perfect health, shiny and beautiful. What a joy to see him and get such a great picture with my phone.

No comments: