Thursday, December 23, 2010

Pantheism

A few years ago I was feeling disconnected from traditional religions, and missing some way to explain and express my own spiriturality I began searching online for a *Nature Religion* I came across this website when it was in it's infancy: http://www.pantheism.net/index.htm And since then...I have personally call myself a Pantheist. I discovered through facebook that the site now has a busy online forum! That pantheists are finding ways to celebrate holidays in simple meaningful ways. I am very excited about the forum. Finding a group of people that I can communicate with who view the world of Nature as I do is going to make the coming year much more meaningful for me. I am so excited to have the forum to learn more about Pantheism.

Yesterday I ordered two sets of 12 candles, for the festival of lights. Hopefully it comes ASAP, as I'd like to still light the candles each day. I also ordered one for next year...so I'm prepared. I ordered 4 sets of candles for the two Solstices and two Equinoxes for 2011.

Twelve consecutive days of the Festival of Lights: these are the Beatitudes.

RELIGION "We vow to uphold the truth of our religion.". Blessed are those who worship for they will be elated.

NATURE "We vow to live in harmony with Nature." Blessed are the lovers of Nature for they have seen the face of God.

ENVIRONMENT "We vow to protect the environment" Blessed are the friends of the earth for they are the hope of the world.

HUMANITY "We vow to realize the human potential for good in our lives, our work and in our relations with all sentient beings." Blessed are we humans, for the abundance of life is ours.

LOVE "We vow to fill our hearts with love, friendship and compassion." Blessed are those who love for they will obtain love.

UNITY "We vow to help diffuse Pantheist beliefs, values and practices throughout the world, and to support our fellow Pantheists in the difficulties they may encounter.” Blessed are the Pantheists for they will inherit the Earth.

FREEDOM "We vow to promote freedom throughout the world." Blessed are the free, for they will lead the way.

VIRTUE "We vow to cultivate virtue in our lives, and to set a good example for others." Blessed are those who hunger and thirst after virtue, for they will receive their reward.

PEACE "We vow to promote a culture of peace." Blessed are the peacemakers, for they are resplendent.

BEAUTY "We vow to celebrate and protect the beauty of Nature and to carry on the Pantheist tradition in the arts." Blessed are the creators of beauty, for they illumine the world.

KNOWLEDGE "We vow to support scientific research and to ensure that our beliefs are compatible with its findings." Blessed are those who seek for they will find.

JOY “We vow to let our joy shine forth in the world.” Blessed are the joyful for they will be called the light of the world.

1 comment:

Stefan said...

There is no day of the Pantheist Festival of Light that's called "Religion". That's because pantheism is no religion. The first day of the Pantheist Festival of Light is "The All": "We vow to revere the All." "Blessed are those who revere the All, for they will be elated."