Friday, November 11, 2011

Hawk watch final day 11/11/11


Today was my final shift at the Mt. Peter Hawk Watch. It was brutally cold and windy. We were hoping for a good Red-tail flight with strong N NW winds but it never happened. I did get a total of 5 Bald Eagles, 3 countable, 3 gorgeous Harriers, 2 females and a stunning silver male,1 Red Shoulder, 11 Red-tails, 14 Sharpies, a very late Osprey, and a couple of T.V.s. I had wonderful company and as always...feel blessed that I have the time to volunteer at the watch.

I am sad that the Fall is over, it went lightening quick for me. I think Petey's death 3 months ago altered my perception of time. I miss my big brown boy. Now it's already time to get ready for the holidays. I hope that I can pause long enough EACH DAY to breath, get out in nature and enjoy each precious moment of the coming season. Tomorrow I begin getting ready for the onslaught of company that is expected to begin coming and going one week from today. I want everyone to have a wonderful time filled with laughter, love and good food. I aim to do my best. House will be done completely by Sunday, grocery shop will be done on Monday and possibly Tuesday if I forget anything.

Hubby and I have begun to plan a 30th wedding anniversary trip for April, we are going back to Costa Rica, but this time to a remote part. I am beyond excited at the prospect of birding and animal watching in Costa Rica again...a dream come true for me.

No comments: