Friday, January 27, 2012

Foster girl



I've been fostering a sweet 3 year old dobergirl for the last 11 days. A friend who is very involved with a rescue out of PA asked me if we could take her until she finds her forever home. Having her to take care of hasn't left any time for doing any writing or much nature time. I have been taking her out and hiking most days, but she must be on the leash as she has a really high prey drive. She has settled into our family really well and Monty is enjoying having a friend to play with. I do know after the last week and a half that at this point in life I only want to have one dog, unless I'm fostering, which we will do again. Once my wildlife rehabbing picks up again in the spring it will be too much for me to have a high prey dog in the house while there are so many babies to care for. I hope she gets a good home, as we are already so attached to her, she is a very cute smart girl. I don't understand how so many have given up on her.

This has been a very warm Winter, we have had snow one time since that crazy storm in October. There has been a lot of rain. Not to many birds at the feeders. Two weeks from today I will be in Florida, I'm looking forward to birding there.

No comments: