Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Who's Bored?

I can't imagine ever being bored in this life. There is so much that I want to do right now that it's overwhelming to think about it. This coming weekend I have another Turtle Rehab intensive class. I feel as though I can't get enough information about Rehabbing wildlife. Their lives depend on me constantly learning. The busy season for us Rehabbers is about to begin. I will start to take at the very least one phone call a day. I've already had one about a disoriented raccoon.

In June I will be going back to the Arnot Forest for a weekend to take the remaining credits towards my Certified Master Naturalist designation. I will then need to contact our Town Supervisor to see about starting up the volunteer hours that I will need to become a Master Naturalist. I have a great plan on what I want to do, but will need his approval. My plan will last for the rest of my life if we stay in our area.

I have piles of books on Nature that I want to read and learn from. I never seem able to settle enough to do much reading. I am a certified Bookaholic. That is my one vice that I can't seem to break. If I see a good book online, I need to own it. Most nature books are an extension of my brain, there is just too much information that I will never retain, but I can always look up what I want to know.

I also have a dog that I would love to train to do all sorts of tricks. He is becoming my constant companion, and there is nothing in the world like a well trained dog by your side.

I also have a goal to start backpacking again with my hubby. I need to get myself in much better shape to be able to backpack at my age. I can't wait to get into the middle of the wilderness again, to escape all that's man made. To live simply for days at a time.

Now it's time to get off this computer and get to all of these goals!

No comments: