Friday, March 16, 2012

Meditation Walk





I decided that today's hike would be a meditation walk. Mental therapy rather then physical. I posted this saying on my FB wall this morning: If you are depressed, you are living in the past. If you are anxious you are living in the future. If you are at Peace, you are living in the moment. by Lao Tzu. As I set out on my hike every time I would find my mind either going forward to the future or backwards to the past, I worked really hard to bring myself back to the glorious 55 degree day I had before me. It wasn't easy as I have a lot on my plate right now, but I managed to walk in complete awareness.  I completely enjoyed every moment of my time in the woods with my boy.  It was like a mini mental vacation, I'm feeling so peaceful right now. How different the world would be if we all lived in the now. How much less stress and sadness could we save ourselves from each day? I am going to print the Tzu saying and keep it close so I remember to live in today. 

Today's notable nature notes, first Phoebe singing!  Flickers.  Lots of wood frogs and Spring Peepers at the pond and vernal pools. Too little rain overnight to bring out the Salamanders.

No comments: