Thursday, June 7, 2012

It's time!

The trail is calling me....get up and out there!  RUN!
The last month has been a stressful blur. I'm having a hard time just breathing some days. I could easily eat or drink to excess to escape all the pain of all we are going through right now. Having a cancer diagnosis and also closing your business all with in the same month is overwhelming.  I decided today that I miss being fit.  It's been a long time since I felt strong. I want it back, and now is the perfect time for me to have something else to concentrate on that will make me feel better in a healthy way. I'm too distracted to do any reading, to work on my bucket list, to do much of anything.  I didn't go to my Master Naturalist class last weekend, and can't continue my volunteer work right now. So the bucket list is put away for the rest of 2012. Talking to people just upsets me, because most people say the wrong thing, they don't mean anything bad, but it sure comes out that way. I can see now that this journey is one you take alone, with only the support of a few good friends and your immediate family. Few people can understand what it feels like to have your hubby get a cancer diagnosis. I have to retreat into myself in a healthy way so I can be there for my hubby and sons as we go though this tough time in our lives. I have to not feel sorry for myself, as I've lived a blessed life. I have no complaints in 30 years of marriage, who can say that? Soooooo tomorrow I begin a new obsession, Outdoor Fitness. I have a book that I purchased a few months ago...it's time I use it!

No comments: