Saturday, August 18, 2012

Still at it


I can't believe that August is winding down, we are half way though.....where has the Summer of 2012 gone? We didn't do much for the first time in 25 years. We always go away multiple times on all sorts of adventures. I so miss my sons being young and spending so much quality time as a family. I am happy that a week from today....I will be sitting looking at Gorgeous Branch Lake in Ellsworth Maine. We have a nice 11 night vacation coming up, it couldn't be happening at a better time. All of the boys are suppose to come towards the end of the week for their cousins wedding that is taking place on the lake at a beautiful little camp. What a precious idea for a wedding. I am so looking forward to seeing all my boys in one place. I hope we remember to take family photos.

I did get Monty out hiking almost every day this entire year. This Summer he has enjoyed learning to swim, and now has graduated to wearing a float coat so he can spend a lot more time swimming and fetching. He has no body fat, no buoyant second coat or webbed feet, so he tires easy. He is one lucky pup. I love him dearly. August 14th was Petey's one year since passing. I spent a tearful week and then went up to his grave on the date talked to him and left some flowers. I miss that boy so much, he has left a huge hole in my heart. Nothing will ever fill it, he was that special. I've decided though, enough sadness about Petey, My Monty needs me to step up to the plate and get training and enjoy him. He is an awesome dog in his own right, and so much fun to train and hang out with. He is the typical red goof ball male doberman. He is adorable beyond words.

I have continued my quest towards simplicity...it's really difficult to get rid of stuff, but that is still my plan. It's just going to take a long time. I am to have it all done by the time we move into our dream log cabin up on Turtle Point Road. We hope to do a garage sale this fall. I have decided to sell or donate a lot of my books that I don't read or look at. I have also gone though my closet and pulled out clothing that I no longer wear or fit in to, some will go to a consignment store, others to good will. The most important step with my path to simplifying has been to stop buying! That I have done really well! I am very, very proud of myself. Make due, reuse, recycle...words to live by.

I am Squirrel sitting this week. I can't imagine not doing wildlife rehab now, I just love it so.

I

No comments: