Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Wedding












On Friday we are heading up to Maine for my nieces wedding.  She has picked a unique place to have the ceremony and reception. It is taking place at a old fashioned Camp on a gorgeous lake. Our family rented a house on the lake for the week prior to the big date.  Her sister got married two years ago, she had about 250 people and every detail of the entire day reflected my niece and her husband.  The time and effort the two young women have put into their special days is inspiring.  I always thought that I really had no interest in planning such a big event, and now I'm finding out that I missed out.  My own wedding was a backyard affair that was planned in 16 days. My mom took care of everything.  We had a great time, and didn't miss anything, but it was nothing special, except I married the best man alive.  I'm seeing how couples plan weddings that are unique to them as a couple. The entire day reflects who they are.  I would have loved to have a nature inspired wedding. Hubby and I came together over our love of nature.  Since our wedding day came and went 30 years ago, I can dream of what I would have done if I could do it all over again.  

No comments: