Monday, February 25, 2013

Karma

Hi Mom!  I look great don't I?

Won't be long now.....

Wow...do we have a lot of Squirrels! 
More bad karma coming from a friend.  This person seems to take every opportunity to challenge me on subjects I'm passionate about.  They do it in a nasty passive aggressive way.  I know this friend is hurting big time.  Job loss, potential career loss and a large weight gain.  I am trying my best to look the other way.  I don't do conflict well, but I'm sick of being so wimpy.  Being around my sons GF who is a young very confident women is teaching me that it's time I stood up for myself.  I am going to from now on.  I never look for trouble with anyone, but I am not going to be back down from my core beliefs either.  Two days from now I will be in CA.  Very excited to see my oldest son and spend some much need quality time with my hubby too!  We need this vacation badly.  I hope to see Elephant seals and a grey whale.  We will be staying right on the coast in Point Reyes National Seashore.

On the birding home front.  Flocks of ground feeding birds has swelled, and also my flock of cardinals can reach over 2 dozen birds some evenings. The migration is beguinning.  Spring is only 3 weeks away.  My excitement is building.  Both Black Squirrels were on the window feeder together yesterday morning.  They both look very healthy!  Hope the female has a successful first litter with more blacks in it! This morning there are at least a dozen in the yard.  Many sitting together eating.  Too cute for words, must get a picture to prove it! 

I watched a wonderful PBS film about Rachel Carson.  She is my hero.  I feel such a kinship for the passion she had for the natural world.  I need to re-read A Sense of Wonder before I leave for my trip.

The full moon is this afternoon at 3:26pm.  I went outside last night at 12:30 and looked up at it, really stunning.  The sky was clear and the stars were very bright.  We have storm rolling tonight, so there's a good chance it won't be visible tonight. 

My hiking buddy
Had an amazing 2 hour hike with Monty today.  Enjoyed the snow immensely because it could be gone when I return from CA. No wildlife or birds but lots of peace and serenity.

No comments: