Thursday, February 21, 2013

Montauk






We spent a wonderful weekend out at Montuak at a friends summer home.  We had snow the first night, and then wild winds the next two day.  The gusts were up to 50mph.  We walked on the beach multiple times, the force of nature always amazes me.  The winds were so strong it nearly took me off my feet.  While there I continued to keep my list of birds for the Great American Backyard Bird Count.  We had great views of ducks.  Common Loon, Ring-neck,  Brant, American Widgeon, Pintail, RB Merg, Common Merg, Hooded Merg, Surf Scoater, Eider, Canada Goose, Mallard, Buffle Head.  I  happened to see what I think was Goshawk.  I won't record it, but I'm pretty sure that is what came though the yard at 7am while I was outside with Monty.  Very different then a Coop. Large torpedio like body.

Great company, food and wine.  I am truly blessed in this life. It was a much needed weekend away where I was able to completely escape my mind and just be. 

No comments: