Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Grateful




I am feeling so incredibly grateful to be feeling like me again. The beauty of the fall colors is exactly how my heart is feeling right now, it's just bursting with happiness and bliss. I feel completely alive again for the first time in many months.  I am grateful for my sight, my sense of smell, my hearing and the strength in my body that allows me to get out into Nature and fully immerse myself in Her spender. It was a ten day today, 66 degrees, sunny, crystal blue skies, a slight breeze, the scent of Fall filling the air, and the faint sound of the insects singing their final songs as the seasons change.  Today's Nature blessings included 2 Red-shouldered Hawks, an adult at the PO and a Immature up at the park.  2 Brown Creepers, Ruby-crowned and Golden-crowned Kinglets, and lots of other beautiful little passerines.  On our hike we happened upon a flock of turkeys, taking refuge in the park to avoid hunters, as it is turkey season, my best boy....stayed and did not chase them!  We also saw multiple deer. 2 Incredibly beautiful Monarch Butterflies and a lone Garter Snake were in the upper field.  My heart is completely open and ready to receive all the beauty around me. I will never take my health for granted again.  It is the most important thing of all, with out it, you can no longer live fully.  I am grateful for another chance at life.....I aim to make the rest of mine awesome.