Friday, March 11, 2016

Wood frogs & Spotted Salamanders!

I'm so proud of myself!  I got myself up and outside despite feeling like hell and having ZERO energy! A hike up in the Co. Park that usually takes me 45 minutes took, 1 hour and 10 minutes.  That is okay....I'm out there!   Last night it was very warm and it rained steadily for several hours, and not surprisingly the Vernal Pool was loaded with Spermatophores! The males were definitely out in good numbers.  Wood frogs were calling too!  The bigger pond had dozens of Spring Peepers calling as well. One foot in front of the other-I got this now!  I am going to breeze through the next 3 months of treatment! Nature is going to be my sidekick! Monty too! So happy to be able to hike. Getting out in nature I feel whole again. I am grateful. 

No comments: