Monday, February 22, 2010

My Petey



Today a fellow Moderator on a Forum I belong to, created this beautiful picture of my Petey. What a thoughtful gift. She knows how I feel about my boy, because she is also a Doberman owner. This breed is so special, like no other dog I've ever owned or spent time with. I am going to print this picture onto photo paper and frame it, I already have the frame. The frame has a place for the picture on one side and a shadow box on the other that you add a paw print to. It came with a soft material that hardens when exposed to air. I already took Petey's print from his gigantic paw. He was none too happy it but complied with a miserable look on his face. Although my Petey's feet are far from the Doberman standard of nice tight *Cat feet* I still love them. They are the biggest feet I've ever seen on a medium size dog. So big that people still ask if Petey is young and still growing. Those big feet have served him well with the type of running he does everyday on our hikes. We had a vet visit this morning for a BUN and Creatinine test. The Ace Inhibitor that Petey is on for his DCM can cause Kidney damage in some dogs, so I'd rather be safe then sorry. He put a few pounds back on, so I must up the exercise, no more excuses, Petey is ready and willing no matter the weather, it's mom who is being so lazy and full of excuses. Our vet said he looked good, that I need to treat him like a normal dog, and expect him to live years. With tears in my eyes I told him...I'm trying.

Yesterday my flock of turkeys returned to the bird feeders, fist time in 2010. Yesterday there were about a dozen and today twenty five. I heard a Cardinal singing a Spring song, can it be far behind? I'd expect a flock of Red-Wing Blackbirds any day now...and then the birding can begin. What an exciting prospect....Spring is almost here with all her glory, birds to watch, Spring Peepers to hear singing their beautiful song, vernal pools to explore, warmer weather to beckon us out into nature more often. The thought of all that to look forward to just put a smile on my face. The rebirth of the earth never fails to awaken my sense of wonder.

No comments: