Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Woodchuck Rehab



Today I got in a young Woodchuck Rehab. He was turned into the Humane Society by someone who found him wandering around out in the snow. He is last years youngster, and seems very tame. He is eating well and he looks to be in good health. I have to wonder if someone didn't raise him and release him. I'm going to keep him until the weather warms up and see if I can't do a soft release with him.

Today we got another 7 inches of snow. It was looking like we weren't going to get much more snow and then the last week we have had two storms. Lots of birds at my feeders. I've been seeing Robins daily. The *White* Red Tail has a friend hanging out with them all the time now. Someone in the Mearns club had two Lapland Longspurs out in Pine Island on Saturday. I'll have to get out there birding next weekend.

No comments: