Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Gift of Life



I'm back at living, enjoying the moment. Petey is a gift everyday he is here with me, and I'm not longer taking that for granted. We are back to hiking everyday no matter the time or the weather, he lives for his daily run. Today I even bought him a couple of things, a new name tag that reads, Scratch My Butt! Ordered a case of Bully stick treats and a new stuffie. I also ordered him a special set of pill boxes for his daily handfuls of heart healthy vitamins. This is his life...sick or not he is going to have the best one I can provide.

Lots of activity outside. I've seen Robins several times over the last week. Flock of Cedar Waxwings around too. Had a small flock of Red-Wing Blackbirds two weeks ago. So far NO turkeys. Every couple of days I see a flock that looks to be about 30 birds across the street and in the corn fields. I miss them coming to my feeders. Today during my drive to work there were Redtails everywhere, I think this is their courtship time. The White Redtail on Eagle Road has also found a friend. Would be really interesting to see if the Lunatistic color comes out in any of the offspring they might produce. Big snowstorm coming tomorrow, really looking forward to getting snow...finally!

No comments: