Saturday, March 20, 2010

Spring is here!



Yesterday I got out for a nice little hike with my oldest son and Petey. After being in Florida for the past week I was surprised to find the trails up at Cascade Lake still under snow. While we were away there were torrential rains that caused major flooding and road closures. Florida also had up to seven inches of rain, the end of their storm occurring while we were en-route, making for a very rough plane ride. Petey hadn't had a run in over a week and had the time of his life running, trailing and leaving pee mail. He also took his first swim, which he needed very badly! He is very happy his mommy is back home and lets me know every chance he gets with lots of kisses. On the walk we saw our first Painted Turtle and heard a Phoebe. No Spring Peepers nor Wood Frogs chorusing as of yet. I heard a Woodcock calling last Friday at Steward Airport when we arrived for our flight to Florida. A couple of Turkeys continue at my bird feeders. Most of the W.T.Sparrows and Juncos are gone.

Happy Birthday to my youngest son who turns 16 today. Incredible how quickly time has passed.

My beautiful Petey remains happy and healthy. I cherish each moment I spend with him. Every moment is turned into Quality time, as it should be for everyone in your life. Today is all you have so make it a good one!

No comments: