Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Squirrel Sitting!



Saturday afternoon I received a call from a homeowner who's husband had come across a squirrel nest in their attic. They chased the female out and blocked her from getting back in. The three babies were put in a Spackle bucket. I called a fellow rehabber who is only taking baby squirrels. She went and picked them up, but only on the condition that I could take them for her while she went on vacation. She found them in horrible condition, they had no bedding, and were soaked in urine. They immediately took to the formula she provided and each had a bath and all are very healthy. Today she brought the babies to my house. They are adorable, what a blessing to have them for the week. I am really loving doing rehab work. I have finally found my calling for volunteer work.

Yesterday at 180 I found another Vernal Pool it is full of Spotted Salamander eggs. So many surprises on the property...enjoying every moment.

No comments: