Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Life passing by....

I still feel like it's all been a really bad dream. It's been 4 weeks since I lost my beloved Petey. My heart hurts every moment, the missing is excruciating. I loved him like no other dog that has come my way. Why only 4 years and 9 months of life for him? He was still a baby. I spent the final 20 months of his short life worrying about how and when he would die from DCM. I hate that disease. How horrific is it that perfectly healthy beautiful dogs have such bad hearts....and WHY have breeders done nothing to breed it out of Dobes? I know Petey taught me to live in the moment, but there have to be other lessons, I'm still searching for those. I miss his presence, my life will never be the same again, he was my heart and soul dog. Not sure I will ever allow myself to love another dog like that ever again, it is just too painful when they leave us.

No comments: