Saturday, December 3, 2011

Long week



Last evening I was finally able to get Monty out for a much needed nice run with a couple of other dogs. The day after my last post my step-brother passed away after a long hard battle with cancer. I wasn't close with him, because I chose not to be. He had already been diagnosed with cancer before he came into our lives. I've lost so many already, I felt my heart couldn't take another hit right now. Well that back fired. Now I regret not having spent more time with him. He was a wonderful kind human being. What can I learn from this? LIVE IN THE DAMN MOMENT! When given the opportunity to go or do something...DO IT! Open your heart and soul to everyone and everything. Do not be afraid to love, because when it's all said and done....LOVE IS ALL THAT REMAINS! It stays in your heart forever. Thank you Jr. for another life lesson that I got too late. For a couple of years, I had the older brother I always dreamed of having, too bad I didn't get to know him better. I think my heart and mind was so wrapped up in Petey's illness and subsequent death that nothing else mattered to me. The heart can share pain and happiness all at the same time....practice what you preach!

Today is it...this isn't a practice run. Heading down to PA to visit my oldest son, really looking forward to seeing him and sharing his new life.

My little Red girls continue to come to the feeders, it warms my heart to see them looking so healthy. I squirrel sat over TG for Oscar the horror, WOW is he nasty. Amazing how different they are when raised without siblings.

No comments: