Friday, July 6, 2012

Fruits of Summer










Since the Big C has entered our lives I'm on the quest to eat even better then I already have been for the last 30+ years.  I've basically eaten  very healthy since I was 19 years old and walked into my first Health Food Store up at college. Most of the time I've already been eating the latest health food fad for many years when it hits the main stream,  starting first with becoming a vegetarian and even a vegan.  I ate my first tofu 32 years ago, it came from a large pickle barrel.  There were no fake meats back in the day, the first commercially available burgers were Sunshine burgers made upstate NY.  I made my own with cooked beans and froze them.  I've steered away from Gluten for more then a decade now.  Personally I feel that most of the *health foods* available out there are not good for you. They are every bit as full of carbs, sugars and chemicals as the product they are replacing.  People feel they are doing something good for their body and they are really eating junk that's organic.   I'm going  to step up the way I've been eating and feeding my family a few notches.  I'm going to eat as many veggies each day as I possibly can.  I find myself now thinking about vegetables all day long!  How very awesome is that?  Each meal will have a protein source and several fresh vegetables.  We are also using our vitamix constantly, lots of fresh green drinks, I even grow my own wheat grass.  Today I had a green drink for breakfast, salmon tacos for lunch (spicy salmon rolled in lettuce leaves with salsa, hot peppers,  avocado and arugula) snack is baked kale.  Dinner is going to be Free Range Grass Fed Fillet, Large organic salad,  fresh tomatoes with basil, corn on the cob and BBQ sweet potato with cinnamon and chile. This has got to be the easiest diet in the world, nothing to even think about....got  to the produce isle load your cart up with veggies, some meat and presto...you are done with your shopping trip! 

No comments: