Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Trail Running again!!!

I may have found the secret to feeling better for me. I have not trail run in many years. The last few days I've felt a bit like my old self with more energy then I've had in the last few years since the Big M started. I decided that instead of just wearing my usual hiking clothing on my daily hike with my pup, I'd wear my bare foot vibrums, a running bra, shorts, and tie my hair back. Guess what.....I'm back to trail running!  I'm not doing up hills yet nor am I very fast...but I showed up and I did it! I sweat heavy duty and felt like I purged all things bad from my body! I love how you have to be absolutely in the moment you can't think about anything else but what is in front of you or you will fall.  I came home and felt like I was high.   I have missed that feeling! I do strongly believe that if your body hurts you need more exercise, but I myself have fallen victim to my own inner voices, thinking that I'm too old to run, or I'm not fit enough, or this or that hurts...the list of excuses is endless. It's all bullshit. Get dressed and get out there....JUST DO IT! I can't wait to go again!

No comments: