Tuesday, November 19, 2013

I did it!

My entire life I've felt like I've needed to do something more meaningful with my life. I've searched high and low to find something that would make my heart sing.  I found out last night that I've already done a lot of meaningful things.  While at my son's good friends wake and funeral, my sons best friends repeatedly told me that they loved me.  I had a conversation with a group of the boys moms and it turns out that they had nicknames for most of them, and they weren't nice names.  I asked one of the boys what my nickname was and he said, you didn't have one.  You were the only sane mom who we could come to and talk about our problems.  I have made a difference in the world.  I raised 4 good men and I knew all their friends well.  I am deeply blessed.  My quest to find something more is over.  :-)  Although my heart aches for the loss of one so young and tragically, my heart is also singing as I finally know why I am here.  It feels good to know I made a difference in so many of those boys lives.   I will always be there for all of them. 

No comments: