Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Snowy Owl


I heard through my listserve that this bird was in our area, I asked my birding buddy if he was heading out to relocate it, and he was.  He didn't get the bird, but another birder did.  He alerted me that they had the bird right in front of them, I literally jumped in the car and headed out to see it! Life bird for me!!! Top two pics are my friend Matt Zeitler's. The four pics under this paragraph are from another birder named Curt.   There are Snowy's being seen on the beaches of LI and even one in Brooklyn.  I am very grateful to finally have seen one.  While we were out there I also saw Lapland Longspurs, Snow Buntings and thousands of Horned Larks.  I was told that there are also Rough-legged Hawks and Short-earred owls being seen.  Who dislikes Winter?  Not me!




No comments: