Wednesday, January 28, 2015

It's time to get back on track

It's been a really tough couple of days for me.  It was time for hubbies cancer testing and I was walking a dog for a women who was actively dying from cancer.  It was super traumatic for me to watch her decline over the last 7 weeks.Being the caregiver I am, I wanted so badly to just take care of her. To do anything I could to help her and make her feel better.  I tried my best to surround myself with positive thoughts and to stay in the moment. I did pretty well over the last couple of weeks. I knew in my heart last Monday when I picked her little dog up and took him for a hike that I would never see her again.  I fell apart once I heard she had died on Sunday. Hubbys test results came in Tuesday night,  our news was good,  his scans were clean!  Today is a new day, a new fresh start for me.  I aim to stop worrying about everyone else and get to work on my own peace of mind.  I need to get back to living in the moment.  Pick myself up and get living this precious life.  ENJOY today!

This is a picture of my client and her precious little dog.  I will keep her memory close to may heart and try to live my life to the fullest like she did.  She chose to spend everyday right up until her last month out there in nature hiking with her pup.  She hired me when she got too weak,  so that her dog could continue with his wonderful life outside.  I think the dog gave her much more quality time then she would have had with out him.  Another case of who rescued who?  He came into her life when her cancer battle began.  May the four winds blow you safely home again Nancy.  May Niko bring your family comfort during this tragic time of mourning your untimely passing.Your strength and love of life will forever be an inspiration to me. 

No comments: