Saturday, August 22, 2015

Empty Nest

My job as a mom is now coming to a rapid close.  For the first time in 28 years we will have an *empty nest*.  I've had a great time with my boys, I would do it all over again in a heartbeat.  They are my favorite people on earth.  I'm so proud of each one of them, all living by their own lights.  The house is soon to be way too quiet and I will have lots more free time.  I will forever miss the chaos, fun and laughter. I will miss cooking for an army.  I will even miss the constant mess.  Time to work on me, get myself back to 100% and get back to immersion in nature, my passion.  My life is my own again and there is a bucket list to start working on.   I will be forever grateful to the universe for entrusting me with these four amazing souls to raise and then set free to go on and do incredible things  with their lives.  There is nothing else I could have done in this life that would have been more important or satisfying then being their mom. It's been a gift so much larger then any I could have imagined for myself.

Thank you Jason~ Thank you~Derek~ Thank you Alec~Thank you Brad!

I've had the time of my life.  Now on to our future!   


1 comment:

ScreaminMama said...

You are an amazing mom. I am so inspired by all you do. I wish you so much peace and happiness in the new transition in life.