I've been slowly recovering from Lyme disease. One thing I've totally embraced is eating healthier. It's become non-negotiable for me to to eat healthy 100% of the time. I have not cheated even once in the last two months, and honestly I could care less about unhealthy foods now! Its becoming quite fun to see what I can prepare that is full of veggies and tastes amazing. Today I created a cauliflower Pizza crust. It can be made in the food dehydrator(for raw) or the oven. I topped it with fresh garden tomatoes, basil, parsley and some roasted leeks. It was delicious!
1 medium head cauliflower, broken into florets, processed in the food processor then add and process again:
- 1/2 cup pine nuts
- 2 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 4 fresh basil leaves, roughly chopped or 1 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 cup golden ground flax meal
- 1/3 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes, softened
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon Himalayan salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- Make 5 inch round pizzas and bake in 350 for about a 1/2 hour, flipping once or dehydrate for 5 hours at 125. This makes enough for 4-5 small crusts.