Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Yum

I've been slowly recovering from Lyme disease.  One thing I've totally embraced is eating healthier.  It's become non-negotiable for me to to eat healthy 100% of the time.  I have not cheated even once in  the last two months, and honestly I could care less about unhealthy foods now!  Its becoming quite fun to see what I can prepare that is full of veggies and tastes amazing.  Today I created a cauliflower Pizza crust.  It can be made in the food dehydrator(for raw) or the oven.   I topped it with fresh garden tomatoes, basil, parsley and some roasted leeks.  It was delicious!  
Crust: 
1 medium head cauliflower, broken into florets, processed in the food processor then add and process again:
  • 1/2 cup pine nuts
  • 2 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
  • 4 fresh basil leaves, roughly chopped or 1 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
  • 1/4 cup golden ground flax meal
  • 1/3 cup sunflower seeds 
  • 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes, softened
  • 1 teaspoon oregano
  • 1/2 teaspoon Himalayan  salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper   
  • Make 5 inch round pizzas and bake in 350 for about a 1/2 hour, flipping once or dehydrate for 5 hours at 125.  This makes enough for 4-5 small crusts.  

1 comment:

ScreaminMama said...

I am working on this same concept. I do find myself leaning more towards vegetarian as the years go by... it's a transition I've been working on for a few years but I have to say, I am feeling better. Now if I could just get the pounds off!!! lol... Walking!!!!