Thursday, August 13, 2015

Whale watching trip

I missed an incredible multi day whale watching trip off of Montauk Point. 51 hours on a ship with like minded people.  I haven't seen a full species list yet, but have seen pictures of humpbacks that were mind blowing.  Seeing the pictures made me very sad that I was unable to be well enough to go on my bucket list trip.  I have to look at the bright side, I am better, much better then I was a month ago.  By not going I had an excellent visit with my beloved Aunt and her BF who were visiting from FL.  I made them a special dinner and spent quality time with them.  I also had all my sons who are here in the states over for a family dinner, that is about to become a rare event.  And the icing on the cake.....I saw two different bears 2 days in a row!  Bears are my favorite animals besides dogs.  The second sighting was last night.  They all  took a second hike with me, as we were leaving the park there was a bear near the road foraging.  Just before seeing it, I had a premonition that we would and I was driving carefully and wondering if my future DIL had ever seen one.  And there it was!  I love when things like that happen. We watched it dig up a Yellow-jacket nest get stung and RUN!  At that moment I knew why I had come to the woods, it fills me up like nothing else.  

On the healing road, I feel much better if I get outside often.  I took 2 hikes yesterday and did great. Following my diet and moving forward.  I got this!

My backyard paradise.




1 comment:

ScreaminMama said...

I love reading your posts xox