Friday, May 6, 2016

Wild animals

As I scroll though the pages of FB each day, there are so many posts and videos that make me really sad. There are hundreds of posts and videos circulating on FB of *cute* wild animals being kept indefinitely in captivity, interacting with people and pets that they never should be around, these images all make my heart sink.  Wild animals are never happy spending their lives in captivity. With the amount of information out there in cyberworld, I don't understand how people don't understand the difference between a wild animal and a domestic animal.  I don't think most of the posts are cute at all, when I see one I can only think of is how much happier the animal would be out in its natural home in nature, living wild and free and with it's own kind.  How come I see the world so differently then most people?  Maybe it's due to the fact that I spend a lot of time outside hiking and I am very lucky to live in a area that has so much wildlife that I often get to see. I also do a bit of Wildlife rehab, and have seen how happy an animal is when it's finally released and takes it's natural place back in nature.   I think as humans we are drawn to want to be around animals, maybe it's part of our dna. Too bad we can't all just be happy with having domestic pets and farm animals. When we know better.....we should all do better.

 I will keep teaching about co-existing with our wild neighbors, it's my passion. 

No comments: