Sunday, September 25, 2016

A great day!




My son came home from Africa yesterday, I'm glad he's back in the states. We picked him up from JFK very early in the morning. Excavation and back filling work was being done on our future home site, so I had to make a total of 4 trips back and forth to the land. On trip one, I lucked out, I crossed a gorgeous female Wood Turtle, the largest female I've ever seen. She was simply stunning.  I showed her picture to our excavation guy, and he showed me a picture of a bear that walked right next to our new house a couple hours earlier!  The day only got better, as hubby and I were toasting our new home, barred owls were calling up on our Mt.  Later at home, coyotes were singing in the fields, I was outside taking it all in, when I noticed a big Black Bear across the street! My son and his wife drove up and were able to see the bear as well.  What a great wildlife day! Each day a gift. So much to see, so little time.

No comments: