Thursday, September 15, 2016

All is good!

This vacation continues to be just what I needed.  I'm so glad I listened to my soul and decided to come up here.   I'm loving the peace and solitude.  I just found out how small the world is.....since we got here, I've been hearing a lady talking when she is outside on her deck, she lives one door down in a gorgeous house. Her voice is so familiar, well....we do know her!  She is friends with hubby's mom's twin!  We see her at the Horseradish Fest every year!  Now I no longer have to worry about Monty going on the other part of the beach, which he had started to do causing me stress!  She doesn't care!  We will have dinner with her on Sunday night too!  How small is this world?  

I've been thinking a lot about how best to live my life.  That is one of the reason I wanted to be alone for a few days, to think.  I am really set on trying to stay in the moment and enjoy each one. I am an eternal optimist where everyone else is concerned, but not always with myself.  I wear my heart on my sleeve and I always look for the good and I would rather feel happy then sad in any given situation.  I don't want to talk about cancer anymore.  It makes it very hard for me to stay happy.  If friends and family want to do something for me, how about helping keep me in the moment?  How about having fun instead of dwelling in sadness? How about telling jokes instead of stories of others who have or have had cancer?  How about helping me to enjoy what time I have left instead of making it more painful?  Tell me about the wildlife or birds you have recently seen, invite me for a meal, something different or exotic, invite us out to dinner, take me to see something really interesting, drink a nice bottle of wine with me, anything other then talk of illness!  I'm still here, I'm alive now. Lets all make the best of today, it's all we really have.  Not one of us has a guaranteed future. 

Yesterday I watched a coop flying over the lake trying to take a Goldfinch out!  WOW they were moving fast! The Goldfinch made it into a maple tree and the coop stopped his chase. The chipmunks are now taking food from my hand, they can stuff two peanuts in their cheeks.  Loving every moment of this special lake.  I have even slept better then I have in a very long time. 
These guys are cute!
Almost the full moon!

My favorite, Red Squirrel!

No comments: