Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Peace of heart found......

When ever I go on vacation and rent a house, I always bring bird seed with me. I also bring a Hummingbird feeder, just in case.  Just now I was rewarded with a Immature female Ruby-throated Hummingbird! She made me smile ear to ear!  I am glad that I was able to help fuel her for a long journey South.  This morning the birds and critters found the food I laid out for them.  There are Red Squirrels, Grey Squirrels and Chipmunks enjoying the bounty I've provided them with.  Blue Jays, Cardinals, Chickadees have joined the flurry of activity.  It makes my heart smile to be surrounded by such beautiful creatures. Today is a gray quiet day on the lake, I'm loving sitting on the porch enjoying the solitude and watching all the birds and critters.  It is such a blessing for me to always see all of life with the eyes of a child, I'm never bored or lonely. I'm always in awe of it all.  Each nature sighting always warms my heart and makes me smile.  There were 4 loons just now.....how cool is that?  Life is good.
Blue Jay
Sunrise 7am

1 comment: