Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Happy February

As the entire world goes completely mad, I am working so hard at staying as far away from all the chaos that I can.  No News and No Social Media.   I'm reading books again, spending my free time looking at birds, studying their behavior, doing daily birding drives all over town, listing on ebird,  walking my Monty each day and just enjoying the moment.  I am grateful that I decided to take a break from social media.  Watching each moment of Nature as we now get closer to Spring is always so much fun and so exciting for me.  I think it just might be my favorite time of the year. Every single year I feel like a kid again. My heart swells just thinking about getting to do it all over again, it never gets old!  There never seems to be enough hours in the day to watch it unfold, this year I am going to do my best to get outside and see it all!  

Today's temps ranged from 25-43f. It was partly cloudy and there were several snow squalls during the day. Winds were out of the North about 2mph.  Finally there were a few birds up at Cascade, a Hairy, 2 Pilateds, a song Sparrow and 5 gorgeous Blue Birds. Driving around I saw a few Red-tails, 1 Coopers, Vultures all over the place, hundreds of Geese, 1 Snow Goose.  It was a good day for sure.

No comments: